Major disruption is here. We can help you prepare like no one else can.
A failure to develop a comprehensive strategic plan is extremely risky, especially given the tremendous changes occurring in the industry. Plus, a lack of strategic clarity is a top driver of board-management conflict and employee dissatisfaction.
The strategy consultants at GreatCo-Ops will help you develop a superb strategic plan that prepares your co-op for the future and inspires your members, employees, and directors.
To prepare your co-op for the disruptions you are facing, you need an experienced strategy consultant, not a facilitator. You need GreatCo-Ops.
The GreatCo-Ops Strategic Planning Process
The structured approach pioneered by GreatCo-Ops will ensure that your cooperative has a solid plan for the future that all stakeholders have embraced.
Our comprehensive strategic planning process includes the following (at your discretion):
- Stakeholder Engagement. We will have one-on-one meetings with each of your senior staff and directors. We will deploy our VitalSigns Cooperative Assessment® to allow us to better understand employees’ views and collect data about your culture, people, and processes. And, we can even assist you in implementing a member survey to ensure that the strategic planning process considers the members’ views of the co-op.
- Strategic Planning Retreat. GreatCo-Ops will custom-design an off-site retreat that fits your culture, where we will review the co-op’s current plan, vision, mission, and core values, and discuss the results of our board and staff interviews, employee surveys, and member data. We will use experience-proven models to assess risks, opportunities, strengths, weaknesses, and trends, and your team will leave with tremendous progress and a plan for your future.
- Performance Measurement. As a result of our work together, your cooperative will develop a much more comprehensive performance measurement process. This will broaden your perspective on your co-op’s effectiveness, and it will give you insights into performance measures that are leading indicators of future co-op success.
- Customizable Strategy Dashboard and Document Templates. Our process makes it easy to track your progress toward the achievement of your mission. Our multi-level strategy dashboard provides a comprehensive structure where your team can monitor and adjust its priorities, goals, initiatives, metrics, and more. And, our strategic plan document templates ensure that your final strategic plan is both thorough and straightforward.
- Accountability Assurance. After your strategic planning retreat, members of our team will schedule quarterly conference calls with you and your senior staff for approximately 12-18 months to discuss progress on initiatives and any new challenges, risks, or opportunities that have arisen. These calls are essential to keeping your team engaged and accountable for ongoing strategic thinking, analysis, and implementation.
- 24/7 Ongoing Strategy Coaching. Throughout this process, our team will be available to you and your senior staff at any time by email, telephone, or videoconference to help address critical strategic issues. This aspect of our service allows for a personalized approach for each member of your team that will help them become better strategic leaders in the long-run, and solve immediate strategic issues as they arise.
- Communications Assistance. From beginning to end, our team will help you communicate with your key stakeholders to ensure that they understand the process, are engaged, and have confidence that your co-op’s strategic planning is being conducted with their best interests in mind. And once your core values, vision, mission, and other key components of your plan are developed, we will help you craft a communications approach that truly inspires your stakeholders and makes clear your cooperative’s value to them.
- Deliverables Set. You will receive a comprehensive set of documents, including a detailed analysis of the process and outcomes, advice for maximizing the value of the process to your cooperative going forward, and much more.
Put Our Experience To Work
Our comprehensive approach to strategic planning is founded upon decades of work in the field of business strategy. We know how to make this complex process clear, intuitive, and enjoyable for your entire cooperative.
Be Strategic About Your Strategic Planning
Many facilitators claim expertise in strategic planning, but few have the depth of experience, insight, and structured approach that this complex task requires. There is a fundamental science behind good strategic planning. When done right, strategic planning can lead to fantastic results: improved employee engagement, reduced turnover, better board-management relations, a stronger safety culture, higher levels of trust and buy-in, greater managerial confidence and focus, and much more.
The challenges on the horizon require a solid strategic planning approach. That is exactly what we deliver.
We want to learn about your co-op’s strategy. Let’s schedule a call!
We are here to help. And our process makes this complex task much simpler than you might expect.